A political rap song.
Peter Bedpan
2015-12-13 18:02:43 UTC
Show us the coffins: So called Rap music started way back in 69. It was a New York City poetry collective called: The Last poets. They were black nationalists who recited those angry poems accompanied with percussion instruments such as bongos. It was all based on rhythm, in which was not in my interest. No, I was into noisy guitars and screaming vocals. This was strip down raw energy. It was powerful stuff. I bought their album in 1970 called: Next time the fire. When I was playing it, it walked in circles in my room pumping my fist up in the air. Revolution! Revolution now! Even though I disagreed with some of the opinions expressed in the lyrics, the energy was infectious. Would this sound catch on?
Then came the 80's and 90's and rap music was dubbed: Hip-hop. It started with Grandmaster Flash and it went to Public Enemy. Then in the 90's came so-called, "Gangsta (Gangster) rap" and rap went into the commercial toilet and along came the let's party and have unproductive sex bullshit. Rap has been in a funk every since.
What I attempt to do here is to remind people what rap use to sound like. With all the synthesizer gadgetry in un-artistic hands, the songs sound like as robotic as a washing machine. I did this rap because of the war in Iraq. The Pentagon did want the news to take photos of coffins of dead soldiers, because the pro-war spirit would be deflated. Old School? No! School has been out for years. This is the real shit. Enjoy

https://soundcloud.com/user-890005066/show-us-the-coffins
Coyo Stormcaller
2016-03-07 06:34:54 UTC
On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 10:02:43 -0800 (PST)
Post by Peter Bedpan
No, I was into noisy guitars and screaming vocals. This was strip
down raw energy. It was powerful stuff.
The soul of metal.